We are excited to begin gathering again for face to face worship outside!
- These services will be held outside at the Peace Chapel, regardless of the weather.
- Bring your own lawn chair or blanket.
- Continue reading for ‘Safe Outdoor Worship Practices’ found below.
WEDNESDAYS @ 6 PM
- Begins June 3
- “Campfire Style” worship
- Come join us for an informal atmosphere with guitar music.
- We will spend the summer walking through the Old Testament Faith Stories – thinking about how these stories connect with our lives today.
SUNDAYS AT 10 AM
- Begins June 7
- Sunday morning worship will also be more informal.
- The Sunday Praise Team will be our musicians.
- Expect to sing very familiar songs of the faith.
Unsure of gathering yet? That is alright – Trinity Lutheran will continue to provide our Sunday 8:30 am worship on Live Radio Broadcast 1270AM and Live Stream on Facebook.
Safe Outdoor Worship Practices:
- If you feel uncomfortable at this point being in a public gathering – it is a faithful choice to stay home. There is nothing wrong with choosing to worship with us through our radio broadcast or livestream.
- If you are sick – please stay home. This is best for you and for others.
- If you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 please do not come to worship for 14 days.
When you do come to worship…
- We will be practicing Social Distancing – staying 6 feet apart from those who are not in our immediate family. Listening to experts like Dr. Michael Osterholm who directs the University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy this virus spread from human to human often through aerosolized particles from our breathing, speaking and singing. Distance helps us remain in “clean” air.
- Washing hands is an effective defense against the virus. Soap and water breaks the virus down leaving your hands clean. If you can’t wash your hands use hand sanitizer.
- We will have hand sanitizer available but it would be great if you bring your own as well.
- Don’t touch your face (easier said than done). If you touch an infected door handle, railing, or other object and then rub your eyes, or touch near your mouth or nose you can come in contact with this virus or other viruses.
- We ask that those of you who can – please wear a mask. This is not to protect you, it is to protect others.
- We will not be shaking hands, passing an offering plate, hugging or being in physical contact with others.
- Please bring your own chair or blanket to sit on – then church staff do not need to be concerned about sanitizing.
- The church doors will open but please only go in to use the bathroom. We are setting up “One Way Traffic”. You can enter through the glass doors on the east side of the building and exit through doors on the north.
- Offering will be collected in a basket – we will make it very visible.
- Rain or shine we will be outside so be prepared for whatever might come.
Remember, Christ is our hope!