MARCH 2019 UPDATES:
- At the March council meeting we received the first draft of the Ministry Site Profile (MSP). This document will represent Trinity to senior pastor candidates. The MSP workgroup held two very productive focus group meetings. Our thanks to all who participated.
- Out of those focus groups came a number of comments that have helped us identify what the congregation feels is important.
- A worship and music workgroup has been established to identify how we can continue to provide meaningful services that appeal to a broad range of members and potential members.
- We have also established a personnel policy workgroup to review our existing policy. The goal is to make any necessary updates before a new senior pastor is called.
- The fellowship board has a fun family friendly event coming up. Please watch the bulletin and website for more information.
FEBRUARY 2019 FROM THE CALL COMMITTEE:
“The Call Committee met for the first time with Bishop Mark Narum. Please be patient us during this time, as it is not something we are taking lightly. We have a great group of people on the committee and we are dedicated to call the best pastor for our congregation. We are blessed to have Pastor Gary here to guide us through this interim period. Please pray for us all as we take this journey together.”
FEBRUARY 2019 UPDATES:
- Just last month Trinity elected a call committee whose job it is to search for a new lead pastor. You also elected new council members. Thursday, February 21, 2019 both groups gathered for a meeting with Bishop Narum, Western ND Synod ELCA.
- The first step of the call process is the ministry site profile (MSP), which is under development. At this point in the process, they are looking for your input. Trinity members are encouraged to attend a focus group meeting. The MSP group is especially interested in having middle and high school students attend. Meetings are scheduled for Monday, February 25, 2019 from 6 to 7:30 and Monday, March 4, 2019 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the lower youth room. Please call the church office 223-3560, if you are planning to attend.
- If you have questions regarding the call process, please don’t hesitate to contact our Trinity Council President, Beth Campbell.
Meet your CALL COMMITTEE!
Pat Aune, Janell Gumke, Mike Horan, Bob Johnson, Missy Kopp, Kirsten McIntyre, Dwight Offerman, Sydney Sundsbak, Linn Zander.
OCTOBER 2018 UPDATES:
- Church Council has secured the service an interim pastor, Rev Gary Erdmann. He is excited to start on November 5th and looks forward to getting to know the community and sharing ministry together.
- Pastor Paul and Deacon Joanne have signed contracts allowing them to continue to serve Trinity during the transition time period.
- Council has formed a committee to write the church’s call document, which is called a Ministry Site Profile (MSP). In the coming months this committee looks forward to seeking feedback from members about Trinity’s ministry priorities and the qualities we most seek in our next pastor.